A versatile, tree-based data structure to store or exchange data and metadata efficiently (in binary format). Written in pure C#.
Arborium is a tree-based solution to store data and metadata in a file stream or exchange data and metadata through network streams efficiently.
However, Arborium doesn't use any compression algorithms, it saves as many bytes as possible
binary container format). Theoretically, there is no size limit
in the binary container, but the .NET limits the data/metadata sizes to 8 exabytes.
The class has list- and LINQ-friendly
operations to make it easy to use Arborium in any .NET project.
There are many-many conversion operations
that simplifies storing and exchanging data (supported by the converter class):
- byte, byte array,
- short, integer, long, (enumeration)
- float, double,
- DateTime, TimeSpan,
- string (ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16LE and UTF-32LE),
- VarInt and VarUInt saves as many bytes as possible.
Storing other types are also easy, just serialize them into a stream or byte array.
help you to load the node content dynamically, i.e. keep big data in file streams.
property gives information about i.e.
- the number of nodes,
- the depth of the tree,
- maximum and minimum of the length of the data/metadata
- the minimum and maximum number of children
- the number of nodes with and without data/metadata/children
help to keep the project code robust.
See also the documentation/examples
This code is is distributed under the terms of the GNU LGPL.